When it comes to a pour-over… preparation is key
Are you a coffee connoisseur looking for the perfect cup of joe? Or perhaps you’re just an amateur enthusiast who enjoys trying new things. If so, making a pour-over at home could be the perfect way to fix your caffeine.
A pour-over is one of the most popular methods of brewing coffee and can produce some truly exquisite results if done correctly. But it requires careful preparation and attention to detail to be successful. In this guide, we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to make a proper pour-over at home so that you can enjoy a delicious cup every time!
A few tips to make the perfect pour-over
- Gather the necessary tools for making a pour-over – a kettle, filter, and coffee grinder.
- Heat the water to the ideal temperature of around 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grind your coffee beans using your coffee grinder and place the ground in a filter.
- Place filter in pour-over brewer and add 2 tbsp of coffee grounds to the filter
- Pour hot water into the filter slowly over the grounds while stirring clockwise with a spoon.
- Slowly pour half of the boiling water over the grounds in a circular motion
- Allow for full saturation of all grounds before continuing to add more water
- Once all the water has been added, let it steep for 3 minutes before pouring it into a mug or cup.
- Wait for 30 seconds to allow for the blooming of coffee grounds
Enjoy your freshly made pour-over!